Our city, our campus, our paper—the Daily Cal has been delivering ground-breaking news and served as the voice of Berkeley for 147 years, and now, we need your help.

As part of Charter Day celebrations for the University, this is “Membership March” at the Daily Cal. We rely on ad revenue and your generosity to publish both print and online editions, as well as tackle though-provoking projects, like this interactive map of where students cry on campus.

Last fall, the Daily Cal created a membership program. For as little as $5 per month, you can help support this Cal institution that has been independent from the university since 1971.

Why you should join:

• We provide comprehensive coverage of the university and the city, including our groundbreaking work on UC sexual harassment.
  • We train future journalists, media producers, and business people while providing invaluable and groundbreaking coverage of the unique Berkeley campus and community.
  • Our graduates move on to careers in print, TV and the web, just to name a few.
  • They win major awards, such as T. Christian Miller, who received a 2016 Pulitzer for Explanatory Reporting.
  • The Daily Cal wins awards, including top state honors from the California Newspaper Publishers Association and California College Media Association.

What you get:

• You’ll help keep the Daily Cal a strong source for Berkeley news, sports, arts, and opinion.
  • Cool perks to show appreciation, including T-shirts and mugs

Questions or concerns? Contact us at [email protected], or give us a call at (510) 548-8300.